Proven, Effective, Fertility Acupuncture in Tampa, FL
Acupuncture has been proven to increase the odds of clinical pregnancy rates by 65% compared to control groups. Using acupuncture, customized herbal prescriptions, targeted nutritional supplementation, and mind-body lifestyle guidance, Dr. Josh Hanson, DACM has help hundreds of women and couples optimize their fertility.
Conditions Fertility Acupuncture Is Helpful For:
What is Fertility Acupuncture Used For?
There are 4 main areas that fertility acupuncture is used for.
- To focus on conception – this means normalize & then optimize your entire menstrual cycle (length), ovulation (timing), and overall menstrual health.
- To optimize your eggs & Uterine Lining.
- To optimize your sperm.
- To focus on IUI / IVF.
It doesn’t matter if you’re trying to get pregnant naturally or using IUI / IVF, fertility acupuncture is a great addition to the process. On top of these 4 focuses, acupuncture is PROVEN to regulate your nervous system and help you to better manage STRESS.
What are the benefits of fertility acupuncture?
- Fertility acupuncture helps to normalize your menstrual cycle
- Improve uterine lining
- Improve egg quality. (It may also improve egg quality in women who are of an advanced age when quality has declined over time.)
- Improves blood flow to the ovaries, uterus, glands and cells which in turn improves function and supports the areas of the body that need it the most.
- Improves sperm parameters (motility, morphology, quantity).
- Reduce anxiety & stress associated with infertility.
- Decrease chances of miscarriage.
- Significantly improve success rates of both IUI & IVF.
- Research has shown that acupuncture has a positive effect and no adverse effects on pregnancy outcomes
- Read more here – click here for details on each of the above.
When Should I Start Fertility Acupuncture?
This depends on what your goals are and what other treatments you might be using. So let’s break this down to Natural fertility support & Reproductive Technology Fertility Support (IUI / IVF).
Natural Fertility Support with Acupuncture
When it comes to natural fertility support with acupuncture there is so much that can be done to help! In my fertility acupuncture practice in Tampa, FL I have very specific goals and metrics we use to base how when you should start treatment, much acupuncture you need, and how we use chinese herbal medicine to support your goals.
The first place I start is with a deep dive into your menstrual cycle health. When it comes to fertility success your menstrual cycle and basal body temperature are the greatest predictor and measure of your fertility potential.
Your cycle should look like this:
- 28 days long (+/- 2 days)
- 4 days fresh red bleeding, soaking tampon/pad/diva cup every 4 hours
- No clotting or cramping during bleeding
- Ovulation on cycle day 14 with fertile cervical mucus
- No spotting or PMS before period
- BBT 97.2-4 during follicular phase
- BBT 98.2+ during luteal phase
Any deviation from this ideal can reduce your potential success.
Our goal is to get you as close to this ideal as possible. Generally with acupuncture & chinese herbal medicine we can do that in 3-6 months.
So it’s always easiest to to start fertility acupuncture as soon as possible. Most patients will need weekly treatment during those 3-6 months.
IVF Support With Acupuncture
When it comes to using acupuncture for support during your IUI / IVF cycle there is a lot that can be done! We’ll break this down into 3 phases – the stimulation phase, the transfer phase and the post implantation phase.
- Stimulation/Retrieval Phase: Before and during the stimulation phase, the ideal number of treatments is a minimum of 12 to help maximize egg quality and quantity.
- Pre-implantation: We are looking to optimize your uterine lining, we generally prescribe 1-2 treatments a week leading up to implantation.
- Post Implantation: Statistics show a treatment on day 3-5 (range) days post transfer and on day 8-10 (range) days post transfer.
During the initial exam, Dr. Josh Hanson, DACM will determine, through patient’s past history & our proprietary Fertility Symptom Index how close the patient is to the optimal fertility balance.
Those with egg quality issues and low follicle counts should start 6 months ahead, due to the fact that it often takes 3 months to balance the body and 3 more months (~90) for the egg to mature.
Those with multiple IUI or IVF failures and multiple miscarriages should start acupuncture a 2 months months prior to next IUI or IVF cycle. During this period, customized safe and effective Chinese herbal medicine are recommended to accelerate the fertility optimization process.
How Many Acupuncture Sessions Will I Need?
In general, treatment is given 1-2 times a week unless patient needs to start IUI or IVF in less than 30 days; in that case, more frequent treatments may be necessary.
Studies show 12+ acupuncture treatments is where acupuncture has the greatest benefits.
Starting treatment so you have 3-4 months before an anticipated cycle is idea.
So anywhere between 12-24 treatments is consider 1 course of fertility acupuncture treatment.
How Much Does Fertility Acupuncture Cost?
The cost of fertility acupuncture is going to depend on where you live. At Dr. Josh Hanson, DACM’s fertility acupuncture clinic in Tampa, FL your costs are a flat fee. Your initial visit is $125 and follow up fertility acupuncture treatments as of 2021 are $75.
Can Acupuncture Help With Endometriosis There are more than 200,000 new cases of Endometrisosis diagnosed each year and it’s thought that 20% of women who are of childbearing age have endometriosis. Unfortunately women with endometriosis are more likely to have trouble getting pregnant and can also have a variety of uncomfortable symptoms. The good news
YES, Acupuncture has been proven to help stimulate ovulation even with a diagnosis of PCOS. In my fertility acupuncture clinic in Tampa, FL I specialize in helping women ovulate, especially if they have been diagnosed with PCOS. Let me walk you through a few of the many studies that show acupuncture can help to normalize your hormones and stimulate ovulation.
What to eat to get pregnant Diet can play a huge role when it comes to getting pregnant. At my fertility acupuncture clinic in Tampa, FL one of the first places I start with couples is by checking the food they are eating. I generally prescribe an anti-inflammatory style nutrition template. We want to focus