Ozone injection therapy, involving the injection of ozone gas into the affected area, has been explored as a treatment for various chronic pain conditions. Here are several mechanisms through which ozone therapy may exert its effects:
- Anti-inflammatory Effects:
- Ozone therapy can modulate the immune response and has been shown to reduce the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines. By reducing inflammation, ozone therapy may alleviate pain and swelling associated with chronic inflammatory conditions.
- Oxidative Stress Modulation:
- While ozone is a pro-oxidant, its administration in a controlled medical setting can provoke a mild oxidative stress, which in turn stimulates the body’s antioxidant defense mechanisms. This can potentially improve the redox balance in the tissue and reduce oxidative stress-related pain.
- Enhanced Oxygen Utilization:
- Ozone therapy can enhance the delivery and utilization of oxygen at the tissue level by improving the red blood cell’s flexibility and the blood’s rheological properties. Better oxygenation can promote tissue healing and alleviate chronic pain.
- Analgesic Effects:
- Ozone may stimulate the release of endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers, providing relief from chronic pain.
- Activation of Cellulose Mechanisms:
- Ozone therapy may activate cellular repair and regeneration mechanisms by stimulating the release of growth factors and other signaling molecules. This can contribute to the healing of damaged tissues, which is often a source of chronic pain.
- Bactericidal, Virucidal, and Fungicidal Properties:
- Ozone has the ability to inactivate bacteria, viruses, and fungi. This is particularly beneficial in chronic pain conditions that are caused or exacerbated by infections.
- Ozone therapy may promote the formation of new blood vessels in areas of chronic inflammation or injury, enhancing blood flow and nutrient delivery to the affected tissues, which can aid in the healing process and pain alleviation.
- Improvement in Blood Circulation:
- By enhancing blood circulation, ozone therapy ensures that nutrients and oxygen are efficiently delivered to the tissues, which is crucial for healing and pain reduction.
What conditions are prolozone injections good for?
Prolozone therapy, a form of regenerative injection therapy that incorporates ozone, has been proposed for the management of various musculoskeletal and pain-related conditions. Here’s a list of conditions that may benefit from Prolozone injections:
- Knee, hip, and other joint osteoarthritis.
- Chronic Back Pain:
- Including degenerative disc disease and spinal stenosis.
- Neck Pain:
- Especially chronic neck pain associated with whiplash or other injuries.
- Sports Injuries:
- Such as rotator cuff tears, tennis elbow, and golfer’s elbow.
- Tendonitis and Tendinosis:
- Conditions like Achilles tendonitis or patellar tendinosis.
- Plantar Fasciitis:
- A common cause of heel pain.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
- A condition causing pain and numbness in the hand and arm.
- Shoulder Pain:
- Including conditions like frozen shoulder.
- Pain radiating along the sciatic nerve.
- Muscle Pain:
- Including chronic muscle strains.
- Chronic Headaches and Migraines:
- When associated with muscular tension or neck issues.
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (TMJ):
- Pain and dysfunction of the jaw joints and the muscles controlling jaw movement.
Prolozone therapy aims to promote healing and reduce pain by enhancing oxygenation and circulation to the affected tissues.
Where to find prolozone injections in Tampa, FL
Dr. Josh Hanson, DACM has been providing prolozone (ozone injection therapy) over the past 10 years. He has performed thousands of procedures and has helped a wide variety of pain conditions using prolozone injection therapy.
You can contact Dr. Hanson at Hanson Complete Wellness in Tampa, FL, phone number 813-534-0311