Macular degeneration is a leading cause of vision loss in the United States, and it affects more than 20 million+ Americans. If you are one of the millions of people who are affected by macular degeneration, then you know how important it is to take steps to protect your vision. In this blog post, we will discuss five proven strategies that can help protect your vision and improve macular degeneration.
What are the symptoms of macular degeneration?
Macular degeneration is a progressive condition that causes damage to the macula, which is the part of the eye responsible for central vision. As macular degeneration progresses, symptoms may include:
· Blurry or distorted vision
· Difficulty seeing objects clearly
· Difficulty reading or doing other activities that require fine vision
· Reduced central vision
What are the risk factors for macular degeneration?
There are a number of factors that can increase your risk for macular degeneration, including:
· Age – macular degeneration is most common in people over the age of 60
· Family history – you are more likely to develop macular degeneration if someone in your family has it – there is a genetic component at play.
· Race – macular degeneration is more common in Caucasians than in other racial groups
· Smoking – smokers are at an increased risk for macular degeneration
· Obesity – people who are obese are more likely to develop macular degeneration
How does macular degeneration impact daily life activities?
Macular degeneration can have a significant impact on daily activities, as it can make it difficult to see clearly. This can make everyday tasks such as reading, driving, and even walking difficult. In advanced stages, macular degeneration can cause complete central vision loss.
What solutions are available to help with Macular Degeneration?
1. Make sure to get regular eye exams – this is the best way to catch macular degeneration early and begin treatment.
2. Quit smoking – smoking is a major risk factor for macular degeneration and quitting can help reduce your risk.
3. Eat a healthy diet – a diet high in fruits and vegetables can help protect your vision against macular degeneration.
4. Stay active – staying active can help improve blood circulation and reduce your risk for macular degeneration.
5. Try Specialized Eye Acupuncture – There are special acupuncture techniques (MicroAcupuncture & AcuNova techniques) that have been used with millions of patients around the world to both stabilize the vision loss that comes with macular degeneration but also to re-gain lost vision.
These forms of Specialized Eye Acupuncture (SEA) have are one of the best treatment options available for macular degeneration.
*Note: No needles are placed in or around the eye – all points are in they ands and feet.
What improvements can you expect from Specialized Eye Acupuncture for Macular Degeneration?
80% of patients that attend participate in our intensive Specialized Eye Acupuncture treatment program (2-4 treatments a day for 4 – 8 days) notice their vision gets brighter, objects are clearer, and their visual field increases.
If you are interested in learning more about our Acupuncture for Macular Degeneration using the MicroAcupuncture or AcuNova systems that Dr. Josh Hanson, DACM uses in Tampa, FL then you can click here.
If you’d like to see how we can help you and schedule a short call with Dr. Hanson to discuss your case then click here to fill out a form and we will give you a call or you can call the clinic at 813-534-0311